Junior (Assistant) Professor in Condensed Matter Theory
Institut für Physik, KOMET 337
Staudingerweg 7 / Room 03-134
Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, 55099 Mainz, Germany
Phone: +49 6131 39 204 61 / Fax: +49 6131 39 209 54
Quick academic bio:
• March – April 2016: visiting Professor, Laboratoire de Physique Théorique, Université Paul Sabatier – CNRS (Toulouse, France).
• September 2006 – November 2010: postdoctoral research fellow (ARC) at The University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia), in the group of Entanglement, Many-body Systems & Simulations led by Prof. Guifre Vidal.
• You can download my PhD thesis here.
• My GOOGLE SCHOLAR profile.
• My RESEARCHER-ID:
• 02/08/2016: New paper! The spin-1/2 Kagome XXZ model in a field: competition between lattice nematic and solid orders
• 19/07/2016: New paper! Entanglement Continuous Unitary Transformations
• 24/05/2016: Paper accepted in PRB! Symmetry-protected intermediate trivial phases in quantum spin chains
• 17/05/2016: New paper! Kitaev honeycomb tensor networks: exact unitary circuits and applications
• 11/02/2016: Paper accepted in PRB! Spin-S kagome quantum antiferromagnets in a field with tensor networks
• 04/02/2016: I will be in Toulouse from 7/3 to 16/04.
• 04/02/2016: Marc Ziegler got the university prite for his Master thesis. Congratulations!
• 20/11/2015: New paper! Symmetry-protected intermediate trivial phases in quantum spin chains
• 20/11/2015: Dawei Pang visiting on 23rd and 24th, and talking about AdS/CFT
• 19/11/2015: Adil Gangat visiting until December
• 17/09/2015: workshop in Benasque approaching: Entanglement in strongly correlated systems
• 17/09/2015: New paper! Spin-S kagome quantum antiferromagnets in a field with tensor networks
• 07/07/2015: Paper accepted in PRB! The iPEPS algorithm, improved: fast full update and gauge fixing
• 01/06/2015: Today I learned that, as of today, my review in Annals of Physics is one of the most frequently downloaded papers from the journal
• 01/06/2015: Charalampas Papadopoulos will join the group as a PhD student. Welcome!
• 06/05/2015: Paper accepted in PRB! All spin-1 topological phases in a single spin-2 chain
• 04/05/2015: Ryan Sweke visiting until mid-July.
• 19/3/2015: New paper! The iPEPS algorithm, improved: fast full update and gauge fixing
• 17/3/2015: Philipp Schmoll joins the group as master student. Welcome!
• 16/02/2015: Paper published in PRL! Topological transitions from multipartite entanglement with tensor networks: a procedure for sharper ans faster characterization.
• 10/12/2014: New paper! All spin-1 topological phases in a single spin-2 chain
• 3/10/2014: Kai Zapp and Serkan Sahin join the group as master students. Welcome!
• 3/10/2014: New paper! Topological Minimally Entangled States via Geometric Measure
• 24/7/2014: New paper! Advances on tensor network theory: symmetries, fermions, entanglement, and holography
• 2/7/2014: Paper published in Annals of Physics! A practical introduction to tensor networks: matrix product states and projected entangled pair states.
• on July 2014: Lecturing on Tensor Networks in a summer school in Les Houches (France).
• on 10-13/6/2014: Lecturing on Tensor Networks at the University of the Basque Country, Solano’s Group (Spain).
• on 5/6/2014: Lecturing on Tensor Networks in a summer school in Jouvence (Canada).
• Highlight in Quanta Magazine
Recently Organized Events
Some Tutorial Talks
Some Tutorial Documents
Research funding is acknowledged from the Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, the Graduate School of Excellence MAINZ, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), and the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).